Relaxing into Business - Tackling Turbulence Together



"If you’re starting something on your own, you better have a passion for it, because this is hard work." -Sallie Krawcheck, Co-founder of Ellevest

Most of my client meetings are held from coffee shops. I feel it creates that relaxed and informal feel. Enabling me to connect with and build relationships with my clients. I love hearing about what's been happening with their business, and become transfixed with the highs and lows of their journey, over a cup of freshly brewed coffee.

As I listen to people speak with passion, excitement, positivity and expectation, I become so personally invested in supporting them through the maze that is running a business. Sometimes i hear disdain, exhaustion and defeatism, as the trials and tribulations become overwhelming.

Running a business can be likened to riding an emotional roller coaster. Sometimes you feel like you are on top of, and taking over the world. The sky's the limit, there are no boundaries to your reach. Other times its hopeless, scary, and isolating. You are giving your all, yet still have more bill's than money due in, and nothing in the bank. Wondering how to survive another day, let alone week or beyond. Edging on the brink defeat, feeling that you can't physically do anymore and nothing is going in your favour.

Through experience I have discovered this is the perfect time to take a break. Nothing is better at offering perspective, than combating a situation with a fresh set of eyes. Reborn with a revived batch of motivation, drive and exciting new ideas. Raring to go, and ready to embrace and overcome anything that is thrown at you.

You will not be broken!.

Having been through all of these emotions and challenges, over the past 3.5 years. I understand and sympathise with how much you give to your business. It's your world, you will do anything to ensure its success. Even more so if you have a family relying on you, to support them.

One thing I have learned over time, is that you don't need to go it alone. The challenges you face, you can almost guarantee most business owners have faced before you, and will after you. There is a wealth of knowledge to be tapped into. Networking events to talk to like minded people, and support networks online.

This is "My Why"... my reason for being there for my clients on a more personal level. To talk through their successes, and their struggles. To support and encourage where I can, offer tips and advice, carry out some research and planning.. or even just act a sounding board, to allow the space to talk through ideas. Its amazing the clarity you gain, just from speaking something out loud, rather than in your head.

I love helping people, and being able to use my personal experience, for the benefit of others. As an accountant, and business consultant.. I take my responsibility incredibly seriously, in helping people glide with ease, through business ownership. I am not just an accountant, or a consultant.. I am personally invested in all of my clients well being, and success. The satisfaction gained from watching the weight being lifted from a clients shoulders, is the reason i love my businesses.

I am Andrea of AMS Accounting and AMS Business and Consulting.

I care, and I help you, to turn your Passion, into Profit.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Has your business dream, turned into a nightmare?

Are you too Embarrassed to take on a bookkeeper?

Is your business not attracting enough customers, or attracting the wrong type?